National Health Center Week (August 7 – 13) is an annual celebration with the goal of raising awareness about the mission and accomplishments of America’s health centers over the past five decades.
Swope Health’s participation in National Health Center Week helps us highlight the essential services that make our organization successful.
From the very beginning in 1969, Swope Health began finding innovative ways to provide preventive and primary care to our patients. Over time, Swope Health has grown to serve more than 40,000 patients each year – certainly something to celebrate. This growth could not be accomplished without the hard work and diligence of our associates and stakeholders, who are amazing advocates for whole-person health and community-impact programs.
Here are the National Health Center Week focus days, which allow us to highlight all these key services individually:
- Sunday, 8/7: Public Health in Housing Day
- Monday, 8/8: Healthcare for the Homeless Day – Swope Health Associates will donate hygiene goods and non-perishable food items to later give to a shelter.
- Tuesday, 8/9: Agricultural Worker Health Day
- Wednesday, 8/10: Patient Appreciation Day – Patients visiting Swope Health Central will be invited to enjoy free refreshments as they enter in for appointments.
- Thursday, 8/11: Stakeholder Appreciation Day –An ice cream truck will visit various Swope Health community partners — our way of showing appreciation for their support!
- Friday, 8/12: Health Center Staff Appreciation Day – Swope Health Associates receive a free lunch to celebrate.
- Saturday, 8/13: Children’s Health Day – Swope Health will participate in a back-to-school event with Kansas City Public Schools.
We invite you to participate with us in celebrating all aspects of Community Health Center Week!
See more details on our social media channels.