As stay-at-home guidelines are relaxed and the community begins reopening, Swope Health is also planning a series of measured steps for the safety of our associates, patients and community.
Swope Health is coordinating reopening actions with the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and that of the various city and county agencies in our area. While we are excited to see you, our approach is to use an abundance of caution for the protection and safety of all.
Our reopening plan follows three general phases, each lasting two weeks, and assumes the community rate of infection remains steady or decreases. If COVID-19 cases increase or other rules are issued, these plans may change.
Under this plan:
- Phase 1 started May 18
- Phase 2 starts two weeks later, on June 1
- Phase 3 starts two weeks later, on June 15
Some things won’t change. Swope Health is continuing with all current infection prevention precautions, including COVID-19 screening at entrances, separating sick and well patients, requiring physical distancing, providing facemasks, and encouraging frequent handwashing and sanitizing. We also continue to encourage patient telehealth visits where appropriate.
Throughout these next several weeks, we are also developing plans to improve the efficiency and breadth of our video telehealth services. We are also developing longer-term initiatives to redesign our lobby spaces for better physical distancing.
Here is a summary of current plans for Phase 1:
Swope Health Central: We will begin increasing Medical, Dental and Behavioral Health visits, including Radiology, starting Monday, May 18. All visits are staggered to allow for physical distancing and time for cleaning between patient encounters. After-Hours Clinic and Optical Shop remain closed.
- In Behavioral Health, all group therapy and day program services are offered through telehealth only. Telehealth visits are encouraged for all services.
- Swope Health Belton will reopen for Monday through Friday operations starting Monday, May 18. It will remain a “well” site with visits by appointment only.
- Swope Health Independence will begin gradually increasing Medical patient visits starting May 18. Dental will remain on a rotational schedule in Phase 1: Closed the week of May 18 and open week of May 26. Dental will resume full time care in Phase 2 (June 1).
- Swope Health Wyandotte remains open with the COVID-19 clinic on the first floor and well clinics separate on the 4th Both Medical and Dental services will begin gradually increasing face-to-face visits.
- Swope Health will continue COVID-19 testing in the community, in support of Kansas City Missouri Health Department and Wyandotte County Unified Government Health Department initiatives. (See org homepage for the current list.)
- Swope Health Northland, Hickman Mills, West, East and Maple Woods remain closed in Phase 1.
In Phase 2, starting June 1:
- Swope Health Northland will reopen full time for Dental and Medical.
- Optical Shop will reopen. One patient will be allowed at a time in the shop.
In Phase 3, starting June 15:
- Swope Health West and Swope Health Hickman Mills will reopen.
- Swope Health East and Swope Health Maple Woods will reopen pending plans by Tri-County Mental Health Services and Comprehensive Mental Health Services.
Remember, before coming to any Swope Health location please call 816-923-5800. We can answer your questions and schedule your appointment.