PACE KC is not an approved PACE provider and does not yet offer PACE services. This information is for educational purposes only.
PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) is a healthcare program that provides a full range of personalized healthcare and wellness services to allow older adults to age gracefully in their home communities.
Swope Health is launching a capital campaign for the development of the new program.
PACE KC will follow the model successfully used at 140 organizations nationally to provide the entire continuum of care and services to individuals aged 55 and older. With a proactive, hands-on approach to personalized healthcare for older adults, PACE is unlike any other long-term care options available in our area.
PACE emphasizes comprehensive, coordinated and preventive care in a way that treats the whole person – addressing physical, emotional and psychological needs. A team of providers work together across many disciplines to help PACE members achieve and maintain their health and wellness goals.
- Age 55 or older
- Live in the PACE service area
- Certified to need nursing home care
- Able to live safely in the community with PACE support at the time of enrollment
- Comprehensive healthcare – from primary care to specialized care and every level in between
- A unique health insurance plan that supports the goal of healthy independent living
- A team of personal health navigators to provide guidance at every step of aging in place
- Door-through-door transportation to and from all care-related visits and activities
- Prescription drugs and prescribed over-the-counter medications, including convenient, reliable at-home delivery with personalized instructions
- Home care services to support health and safety in the home
Some of the proven benefits for PACE members nationally include a significant reduction in ER visits, lower hospitalization rates and fewer nursing home admissions. Studies also show that PACE members are less likely to suffer depression. There is also a high caregiver satisfaction rate—more than 96 percent are satisfied with the support they receive through PACE.