Please note: If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
Swope Health’s Primary Care Services
Swope Health offers a wide range of primary care services in our adult medicine clinics for anyone 18 years or older. (For more information on kids’ healthcare (under age 18), visit our Children’s Services page.
Here are just some of the services available at Swope Health:
- Treatment of minor ear, nose and throat issues
- Treatment of respiratory issues, such as lingering coughs
- Physical examinations and sports physicals
- Eye exams (see below)
- Hep C testing and treatment
- Laboratory and Radiology Services (see below)
- Preventive health education, including tips on managing chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes and high blood pressure
- Immunizations, including the flu vaccine
- Health screenings, including tests for HIV/AIDS, STDs and tuberculosis (TB)
- Well-women check-ups (clinical breast exams, mammograms and Pap smears)
- Well-men check-ups (prostate exams)
Health Care Home
This accredited program provides assistance to children, adolescents and adults who have severe mental illness and chronic medical conditions. We provide connections to support services to help improve health and wellness.
Mobile Medical Unit: Outreach to the Homeless
Our mobile medical unit provides homeless healthcare. We visit homeless shelters in the Kansas City metro every week and participate in community events, such as Project Homeless Connect.
Homeless healthcare services include blood tests, urgent care for non-emergencies and immunizations. The Swope Health Mobile Medical Unit features two exam/treatment rooms staffed with a full-time nurse practitioner, a registered nurse and a certified medical assistant.
If you would like to host our mobile medical unit on-site at your health event, please fill out our registration form here and contact Terri Cooley Bennet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conveniently located at Swope Health Central
Receive a comprehensive eye exam from our experienced optometrists who also can diagnosis and treat a variety of eye diseases, conditions and problems, including:
- Pink eye
- Diabetic eye disease
- Macular degeneration
- Lazy eye
Swope Health has in-house laboratory services at most locations. We offer the following most common lab tests and more:
- White Blood Count/Differential
- Glucose (Hemoglobin A1c)
- Influenza Testing
- Pregnancy Testing
We offer a wide range of imaging services:
- Ultrasonic procedures
Our full-service pharmacy at Swope Health Central offers a wide variety of prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (closed on weekends). For more information or to request refills of medications prescribed by SHS providers, please call 816-922-3100.