School-based HealthCare Services
What is KidsCARE School-Based HealthCare Services?
KidsCARE School-Based HealthCare Services brings our whole-person care directly to schools, early learning centers, and childcare centers in your community. We’re removing barriers and making it easier for your kids to have access to quality healthcare where they spend most of their time – in schools.
How does it work?
KidsCARE provides mobile healthcare services, and in some locations, onsite healthcare clinics. This means you can get your kids’ healthcare needs attended to while they’re at daycare or school. We can also offer telehealth visits and if necessary, in-person visits with your child at our Swope Health Pediatric Clinic or Swope Health satellite clinic.
WHAT DOES IT OFFER?
Swope Health KidsCARE gives you:
- Evaluations and exams needed for school enrollment and to maintain your child’s health. This includes routine well-child care, immunizations, screenings for hearing and vision, lead testing and growth measurements, Dental examinations.
- Individual Healthcare Plans for your child’s chronic conditions or special needs such as asthma, food allergies and diet restrictions. Some schools require annual plans for management of medical conditions.
- Routine dental exams and treatment
- Assistance in obtaining healthcare Insurance (Medicaid)
- Referrals for behavioral health services if needed
- Referrals to a pediatric specialist if needed
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Swope Health KidsCARE offers an Early Childhood (Pre-K) School-Based Health program (birth to 5 yrs of age) and services for K-12 students.
What’s required to participate?
Simply sign up for services at a partnering school or center across the metro area. Once you sign up and are registered with Swope Health, you’re in. There’s no fee to register. When your child comes in for services of any kind, your child’s insurance will be billed. If your child doesn’t have insurance, we offer financial assistance based on rates adjusted to your income (and those rates may not require a co-pay). We also have specialist that can assist you with Medicaid enrollment if you qualify.
How do I sign up?
EASY! Ask your child’s school, childcare or early learning center if they are a Swope health KidsCARE partner. Fill out the Swope Health KidsCARE form and turn it in to the school nurse or family advocate. Also, anyone can register for full services online, or at any Swope Health clinic.