The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has directed COVID-19 vaccination providers to consider all teachers, school staff and childcare workers eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, regardless of state guidelines.
Teachers and staff in pre-Kindergarten to grade 12 schools and childcare workers, including those in Head Start and Early Head Start programs, are now eligible. Also eligible are:
- Licensed childcare providers, including center-based and family care providers
- Staff at early childhood programs operated by schools
- School-age before- and after-school program staff
- Faith-based program staff, including Parent’s Day Out programs
- Staff at part-time programs, including some nursery schools, preschools and pre-Kindergarten programs
- Classroom aides
- Program bus drivers, janitors, counselors, administrative staff, cafeteria and substitute teachers.
To sign up for a vaccination:
- IF YOU ARE A SWOPE HEALTH PATIENT, please call (816) 321-3398 to schedule an appointment. You can also ask your Swope Health provider or an associate at the clinics to assist you in getting an appointment. Swope Health is giving vaccinations at 4401 Blue Parkway, in The Shops on Blue Parkway, Kansas City. You must have a scheduled appointment to be vaccinated at this location.
- If you are a Missouri resident (not a Swope Health patient): please fill out the Missouri Vaccine Navigator.
- IF YOU ARE A SWOPE HEALTH PATIENT: Please call (816) 599-5112 to schedule an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccination at Swope Health Wyandotte. You can also ask your Swope Health provider or an associate at the clinics to assist you in getting an appointment. Swope Health Wyandotte location for COVID-19 vaccinations are at 21 North 12 Street, Suite 400 Kansas City, KS. You must have a scheduled appointment to be vaccinated at this location.
- If you are a Kansas resident (not a Swope Health patient) – Fill out a health department Vaccination Interest Form.
You may find other vaccination options at Vaccine Finder (https://vaccinefinder.org/). The Mid-America Regional Council operates PrepareMetro, a website with lists of vaccination providers and other information.
When you are scheduled for an appointment, please bring your ID and proof of eligibility, such as your work ID. Plan on staying at the vaccination location for at least 15 minutes, after receiving your vaccine, while you are monitored for allergic reaction. We also ask that you wear a mask at all times and adhere to physical distancing practices.