WAYS TO GIVE TO SWOPE HEALTH
AMAZON.COM WISHLIST DONATIONS
One of the easiest and quickest ways to support Swope Health patients and clients is by donating supplies from our Amazon Wishlists. These items can be sent directly to Swope, many by the next day.
- Homeless outreach – This list supports the Community Outreach Clinic and Swope Health’s Mobile Medical Unit (MMU), which visits homeless shelters throughout the metro area to provide healthcare. Here you will find items like travel sized toiletries, washcloths, sanitary products, dental hygiene travel kits, and more that homeless clients need.
- The Adult CPRC Day program – This list supports the program that focus on building life skills through topics like gardening, cooking and art. Supplies for these activities are always needed. Some of the items on the Day Program wish list include art supplies like paints, coloring books, paper and canvasses. We are also in need of gardening supplies to maintain our community garden. We are seeking items like new hoses and tools.
Please make your check payable to Swope Health Foundation and mail to:
Swope Health Foundation
3801 Blue Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64130
You will receive an acknowledgement and tax-deductible receipt after your gift is processed.
Donate goods and services. From time to time, we need printing, advertising (such as pro bono ads, radio remotes, PSAs, billboards), promotional items, give-aways and other goods to support our community outreach efforts.
If you feel you have something we can use to make our outreach events more successful, send an email describing your proposed donation to email@example.com.
Someone will reach out to you for details.
HELP THE HOMELESS
Donate new clothing, nonperishable food and personal hygiene products. Your donations will go directly to those we encounter and treat—many of whom do not have more than the clothing on their backs.
Bring your donation to our main campus, 3801 Blue Parkway, Kansas City, MO. Let Security know you have a donation for the Homeless Outreach Team and we’ll take it from there.
Please note: We do not accept medications, medical equipment or used clothing.
You can make a difference in the lives of our patients.
To become a Swope Health Services volunteer you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
• Complete an application.
• Agree to and successfully pass a background check.
• Successfully complete the SHS Orientation and HIPAA training.
• Be willing to work during SHS’ main operating hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Weekend and evening opportunities may also be available from time to time.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, our volunteers serve as greeters, information desk staff and patient navigators. We do not have a volunteer program for medical volunteers, students and others seeking clinical experience.
If you are interested in applying, please complete our online volunteer application. Someone will contact you to arrange for an interview once we’ve reviewed your application. Thank you for your interest!