If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or go to the hospital right away. Emergency warning signs include:
- Having a hard time breathing or shortness of breath (more than what has been normal for you during pregnancy)
- Ongoing pain or pressure in the chest
- Suddent confusion
- Being unable to respond to others
- Blue lips or face
If you go to the hospital, try calling ahead to let them know you are coming so they can prepare.
COVID-19 TESTING INFORMATION
What should I do If I think I have COVID-19?
Call 816-923-5800. Swope Health will offer COVID-19 testing to individuals who are experiencing symptoms of the disease that started within the last 14 days: cough, shortness of breath, headache, tiredness, muscle aches, or new loss of taste or smell.
Testing is available at Swope Health Central and Swope Health Wyandotte, 9:30 am to 4 pm, Monday through Friday on a walk-in basis. Call 816-923-5800 to see if you qualify for drive- through or walk up testing.
Parameters by State
- Any Kansas City, Missouri resident can make an appointment for any testing event.
- Appointments available 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. by calling 311 (KC Health Department).
- Call 311 by 5 p.m. the day before a testing to schedule an appointment.
- Must be a KCMO, Jackson County or Clay County resident.
- Symptoms or no symptoms.
- Must be seven years or older.
- Drive-through and LIMITED on-site testing available.
- No appointment required
- Will test individuals who are a resident of or worker in Wyandotte County who:
- Are experiencing symptoms of the disease that started within the last 14 days: cough, fever, sore throat, headache, tiredness, shortness of breath, muscle aches, or new loss of taste or smell
- Do not have symptoms but had close contact or exposure to someone with COVID-19 over the past 14 days
- Do not have symptoms but are considered high-risk, including those with an underlying chronic disease or condition that can weaken the immune system, healthcare or daycare personnel, individuals older than age 65, and persons living with a disability
- Drive-through or on-site testing available
The Mid-America Regional Council provides this list of all COVID-19 testing in the metro area.
Day of Test
Call 816-923-5800 before arriving at any Swope Health Location
Swope Health Independence and Belton are designated as “well” patient sites only.