Please follow these everyday preventive actions recommended by the CDC to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) activated a statewide public hotline for citizens or providers needing guidance regarding the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. The hotline opened and can be reached at 877-435-8411. The hotline is being operated by medical professionals and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment activated a statewide public hotline for citizens needing guidance regarding the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. The hotline can be reached at 866-534-3463. The hotline is available Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
For full information and updates related to COVID-19, please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at www.cdc.gov.
CDC Fact Sheets
Please download the following fact sheets from the CDC to learn more about best protecting yourself and others from exposure to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- What you need to know about COVID-19
- What to do if you have traveled recently
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19
- Stop the spread of germs
- Share facts, not fear
- Children’s Guide for COVID-19