Please follow these everyday preventive actions recommended by the CDC to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) activated a statewide public hotline for citizens or providers needing guidance regarding the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. The hotline opened and can be reached at 877-435-8411. The hotline is being operated by medical professionals and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment activated a statewide public hotline for citizens needing guidance regarding the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. The hotline can be reached at 866-534-3463. The hotline is available Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
For full information and updates related to COVID-19, please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at www.cdc.gov.