Here’s a reminder for the Kansas City community about how you can take steps to prevent the spread of the COVID-19. To keep yourself safe:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol (rub hands together until they feel dry) if you can’t wash with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Keep at least 6 feet away from other people if you need to go out.
- Avoid people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces in your home, such as doorknobs, light switches, phones, table tops, and toilets.
- Wear a mask whenever around others
These guidelines aren’t really new, but they remain important to protecting yourself and others from COVID-19, which spreads mostly by person-to-person contact.
At Swope Health, anyone entering any of our facilities will be asked about their health: Do you have any cough, fever, new shortness of breath? Everyone at Swope Health is required to wear a face mask.
You’ll also find hand sanitizer stations throughout our facilities, and we encourage frequent use.
Our associates take these same precautions, and are required to use only approved entrances for arriving and exiting throughout the day.
Swope Health continues to offer COVID-19 testing at our Central and Wyandotte clinics for people who:
- Are experiencing symptoms of the disease that started within the last 14 days: cough, shortness of breath, headache, tiredness, muscle aches, or new loss of taste or smell.
Testing is available at Swope Health Central and Swope Health Wyandotte, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday for individuals with symptoms by appointment. Call 816-923-5800 to be scheduled for drive-through or walk-up testing.
- COVID-19 Patient Education for Pop-up Testing (English and Spanish)
- COVID-19 Testing Follow-up Instructions (English and Spanish)