Swope Health supports National Public Health Week, April 5-11, 2021, sponsored by the American Public Health Association.
The association is a non-profit member organization that champions the health of all people and communities. The observance of National Public Health Week is meant to “highlight the power of prevention, advocate for health in all policies, and promote health equity.”
Swope Health is committed to those same goals, delivering easily accessible whole-person care to our community and addressing the social factors that create barriers to good health and wellbeing.
The weeklong observance assigns a focus to each day:
- Monday, April 5: Rebuilding. Investing in public health – such as through the expansion of Medicaid — saves lives.
- Tuesday, April 6: Advancing Racial Equity. Inequities in health care, income, education and housing are caused not by race but by racism. The Association declares racism a public health crisis.
- Wednesday, April 7: Strengthening Community. Public health spending reduces the numbers of preventable deaths.
- Thursday, April 8: Galvanizing Climate Justice. Public leaders are encouraged to prepare for and respond to health threats posed by climate change.
- Friday, April 9: Building COVID-19 Resilience. Support equitable vaccine distribution
- Saturday, April 10: Uplifting Mental Health and Wellness: Advocate for mental health support.
- Sunday, April 11: Elevating the Essential and Health Workforce: Funding a robust public health workforce supports communities.
Join Swope Health and the American Public Health Association in recognizing National Public Health Week by supporting funding and policies for equitable public health.